Information & Support from Landgate
Landgate Lodging Document
Landgate General Information
Other Important Information & Advise
Information & Support from Landgate
  • document and scheme plan registration (for example, registering a change of by-laws, forms for registering schemes, etc)

  • an explanation about common property and boundaries of individual strata lots.

Registration information can be obtained from Landgate by:

Tel: +61 (0)8 9273 7373

Regional Australia: 1300 365 288



Landgate Lodging Document

Consistent with the Government’s Tariffs, Fees and Charges policy, Landgate has a schedule of approved fees payable when lodging your documents. Please visit Landgate’s website to see the schedule or contact a Customer Service

Officer by telephone on +61 (0)8 9273 7373 if you have a query.

Office hours for lodgement of documents are 8.30 am to 4.30pm.

Our offices are located at:



1 Midland Square

Corner of Great Northern Highway and Morrison Road

Midland WA 6056



Cloisters Building Ground Floor

200 St Georges Terrace PERTH WA 6000.

Postal lodgements can be sent to:


Document Lodgement Section PO Box 2222

Landgate General Information


Landgate produces a number of strata-related publications, for example how to convert common property to individual property and creating and changing by-laws.

These booklets are available from the Landgate website at In particular in the Land Transactions toolkit section:


Forms and documents

The forms and documents required to amend strata titles schemes and/or obtain copies of scheme plans and other documents are available online from Landgate’s website.

Copies of scheme plans, other scheme documents and related documents (such as notification to amend by-laws) can also be obtained from Landgate’s online support section at:

Tel: +61 (0)8 9273 7373



Please see the forms and fees section of Landgate’s website for the schedule of fees payable for copies of strata plans

and related documents:

Other Important Information & Advice

The Law Society of WA has an online database with contact details of lawyers providing services relating to strata.


Strata Community Association (Western Australia)

(SCA(WA)) can supply contact details for legal

practitioners who are also members of SCA(WA).

Tel: +61 (0)8 9381 7084 (Please note: this number cannot be called for general strata advice).



The Citizens Advice Bureau of WA may be able to provide information.

Tel: +61 (0)8 9221 5711



Strata consultants

There are strata professionals (strata consultants/strata managers) that may be able to assist with information and guidance relating to strata matters in WA. SCA(WA) can provide contact details for strata consultants who are members of SCA(WA).

Visit SCAWA at:

Tel: + 61 (0)8 9381 7084 (please note this number

cannot be called for strata advice)



The Citizens Advice Bureau of WA may be able to provide information.

Tel: +61 (0)8 9221 5711 – lines open Monday – Friday

9.30am – 4.00pm

(excluding public holidays)



Valuation advice

If you require valuation advice for your strata/surveystrata lot or for any other reason related to strata living, you will usually require the services of a licensed valuer (for example to create a schedule of unit entitlements or determine if the entitlements of the lots should be changed). The WA division of the Australian Property Institute may be able to assist you to contact a licensed valuer.

They can be contacted by:

Tel: +61(0)8 9381 7288



Subdivision advice

If you are making enquiries about the subdivision of your property (by strata or survey-strata) a licensed surveyor will be able to assist you in the subdivision process (required to submit the strata plans with Landgate). The copy of the scheme plan for your scheme will have the details of the surveyor who lodged the plan and it is possible that they will still be contactable. Alternatively, to find a licensed surveyor consider an internet search. Otherwise, surveyors details are held by:

The Land Surveyors Licensing Board of WA can

provide a list of licensed surveyors in WA.